Israel Electric Corporation Signs Multiyear Services Agreement with GE to Help Enhance Country's Energy Supply Security
- New Multiyear Services Agreement to Cover Three GE 9FA Gas Turbines at IEC’s Eshcol, Tzafit and Alon Tavor Power Stations, Which Include Hot Gas Path Inspection and Major Inspection to Each Unit
- IEC Selects GE to Help Increase Long-Term Reliability of Its Three Power Plant
HAIFA, ISRAEL-September 7, 2016-In a move to help enhance the country’s long-term energy supply security, Israel Electric Corporation, Ltd. (IEC), Israel’s main electric utility, and GE’s Power Services business (NYSE: GE) today announced a new multiyear services agreement in which GE will support the long-term availability of its three 9FA gas turbines at IEC’s Eshkol Power Station, Tzafit Power Station and Alon Tavor Power Station.
Paul McElhinney, president and CEO of GE’s Power Services business, today met with IEC and other GE executives in a formal signing ceremony for the multiyear agreement at IEC’s headquarters in Haifa. The new deal follows a previous 13-year multiyear agreement between IEC and GE for the three stations. The new pact goes into effect when the old service agreement expires in 2017. The agreement covers parts, repair and technical advisory services for planned outages for the three 9FA units.
GE’s McElhinney said, “GE is delighted to continue our close working relationship with IEC by implementing this multiyear agreement and maintaining IEC’s three power plants. We are proud to help IEC work to increase the country’s long-term energy supply by improving the reliability and availability of its existing 9FA gas turbine fleet.”
The multiyear services agreement will cover the following sites:
- The natural gas-fired, 1,449-megawatt (MW) Eshkol Power Station, which is located in the north industrial zone of Ashdad and supplies power to Israel’s Shephelah region. This station is Israel’s third largest power plant in production capacity.
- The 650-MW Tzafit Power Station, located 40 kilometers southeast of Tel Aviv. The facility features a 9FA-gas turbine combined-cycle system and two 9E gas turbines in simple-cycle mode to provide peaking power. Tzafit is one of GE’s first IEC gas turbine project sites.
- The 650-MW Alon Tavor Power Station is a sister power station to Tzafit and includes one 9FA natural gas combined-cycle system with a steam block from Alstom Power, which GE acquired in November 2015. The station is located in the Alon Tavor industrial zone.
GE and IEC have a long-standing relationship that dates back to 1950. GE has supplied IEC with gas and steam turbines, as well as equipment and services, to help improve its transmission and distribution operations.
GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
About GE Power
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise to help customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest and most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant, upgrade and service solutions as well as our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
About GE’s Power Services Business
GE’s Power Services business, headquartered in Baden, Switzerland, delivers world-class solutions for our customers across total plant assets and their operational lifetimes. This organization supports 2,800+ customers worldwide with an installed base of 28,000+ power generation assets, which includes other OEMs, and taps into the Industrial Internet to improve the performance of our solutions over the entire life cycle through the power of software and big data analytics.
For more information, please visit powergen.gepower.com.
GE Power - Power Services
+39 02 67335622
+1 518 886 1076
+1 518 886 1076